Sunday 14 June 2015

Rain, rain, stay a while...


First win is very special. It inspires me to write. Thanks to Blog-a-Ton Marshal! Likewise, first vote - thanks to Cifar - is very special. Thanks to Cifar, Vinay, Namrata, Simran and Priya for the votes.


This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 55; the fifty-fifth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with ​Rashmi Kumar, the author of Hooked, Lined and Single and Jyoti Arora, the author of Lemon Girl.

Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day.
Little Anusha wants to play;
Rain, rain, go away!

I hate when it rains. I hate it because the earth gets wet, makes it impossible to play my favorite game – Lock and Key – with my friends.

This is what I used to say when I’m young, and that’s the truth as well. Now, I’ve grown old, living all alone in this big house. My sons are living abroad with their families, and they never bother to visit or call me on the phone. I hate it to the core, but what can I do? That’s the gift of getting older right?

Relationships may fade, people might change, but the rain never. These days, rain is my only best friend. When it rains, I sit on the veranda, open my heart, share my inner feelings, and shed my tears to get dissolved in the rain. I feel good. Maybe, that’s why I wish it to rain, a lot these days.



Rain, rain, stay a while,
Be a reason for my smile,
Older Anusha wants to talk;
Rain, rain, let’s happily walk!

And, I Hope, there comes an end to this Elder Abuse!

The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: 3. Image Credits: Monsoon by Yann (Wikimedia Commons). Shared with GNU Free Documentation License CC Attribution-Share Alike.

19 comments:

  1. Very beautiful post! You've said a lot in a few words. Let's stop this Elder Abuse :)

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vidya,

    Visiting you from Blogaton.
    I am sure all of us at one point of time have cried in rain, so that no body gets to see our tears..but I really hope the protagonist of this sad story find a reason to smile, live and feel good.

    All the best for BAT55,

    Regards,
    Megha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Megha. Your words mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  3. So many emotions in such few words. Heart rending!
    ATB for BAT 55.
    Do visit mine too
    http://klishmaklaver.blogspot.in/2015/06/the-man-in-wall-mural.html
    :)
    Cheers Vibz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many emotions in such few words. Heart rending!
    ATB for BAT 55.
    Do visit mine too
    http://klishmaklaver.blogspot.in/2015/06/the-man-in-wall-mural.html
    :)
    Cheers
    Vibz

    ReplyDelete
  5. great makeover of nursery rhyme to highlight the problem of elderly abuse

    My Blogaton55 entry The Monsoon Pain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully, it's not the truth for a lot of the elderly out there. Hopefully, the future generation don't make the mistake of mistreating the elderly. Memories do matter after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why I love our country. But here, it is a very different situation. It actually inspired me to write this post.

      Delete
  7. Older Anusha wants to talk;
    Rain, rain, let’s happily walk!

    That potrays the sadness filled in the house.. these words summarizes the whole post. Nice
    All the best for BAT!

    Megha Haware - The garlic soup

    ReplyDelete
  8. An enlightening message through a prompt. Wonderful take :)
    It's painful to see elder abuse. I wonder how can one forget the selfless bond of love with parents and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chotti! Thanks for all the support and care!

      Delete
  9. You depicted it very creatively. This is a pain that we tend to forget our parents and grandparents as soon as we are able to stand without their support. It's painful that an elderly has to take support of rain to feel good and happy when there's no one to talk to. I too wish that this comes to an end with the coming generations. All the best, Vidhya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well written Vidhya! Short and sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete

நன்றி! மீண்டும் வருக!